How to Change Router Password
The default router password set by the manufacturer isn’t very secure and can be guessed easily. The default login credentials of some routers are even available online. This makes the router’s settings easily accessible which can increase the network vulnerability.
In order to make the router’s configurations inaccessible to outsiders, it is important to set up a custom router password. Users can set a custom password for their routers, but the process can vary depending on the manufacturer and also the router model.
Before You Begin
Check the back of the Router to find its IP address, login URL, username, and password. The only way to access the router’s settings page is by using these informations.
Ensure that your device is connected to the router. Any device (Windows, Android, IOS, Linux, or Mac) connected to the router on which you can access the web browser can be used to change the router’s password. However, it is recommended to use a wired connection to configure the router.
Now, open the web browser and enter the router’s IP address in the address bar. Once you see the login page, type the username and password and enter into the router’s settings dashboard.
Change TP-Link Router Password
Here’s how you can change the password on the TP-link TL-WR1043ND router.
- Open the Web browser and enter the router’s IP address in the address bar or go to
- Enter the credentials and log in to the Router’s dashboard.
- Go to System Tools > Password.
- Enter the Old UserName and Password.
- Then assign a New User Name and a New Password.
- Confirm the New password and click on Save.
Change Linksys Router Password
On the BEFW11S4 Linksys Router you can change the router password by following these steps. This process would also work on most of the router models from Linksys.
- Open the Browser and enter the Linksys router’s IP address in the address bar.
- Go to the Administration Tab.
- Enter a new password in the Router Password and Re-enter to confirm field.
- Finally, Click on Save Settings.
The method of configuring the router password on all the Netgear routers is the same. Here’s how to change the
- Login to the Router’s dashboard by entering its Netgear router IP in the Webbrowser.
- Click on the Advanced Tab.
- Go to Administration > Set Password.
- Enter the Old password.
- Then enter a new password in the Set Password and Repeat Password field
- Click on the Apply button to save the changes.
Change Dlink Router Password
- Login to D-link’s router dashboard.
- Click on the Manual Setup button.
- Go to Maintainance Tab.
- Under the Administrator, enter the new password and confirm it.
- You can even change the Login Name. The default login name is set as “admin”.
- Click on the Save Settings button.
- Open the Web Browser and login to the Routers dashboard from the IP address or
- From the Advanced Settings panel on the Left, click on Administration.
- Go to the System Tab.
- In the Change the router login password section, Enter the New Password and confirm it. You can even enable the login captcha from this section.
- Lastly, click on the Apply button.
Change Huawei Router Password
Follow this process to change the router password on the Huawei WiFi Mesh 7， Huawei WiFi WS5200, Honor Router 3, Huawei WiFi AX3, Huawei WiFi Mesh 3. This process may also be applicable on other router models from Huawei with slight differences.
- Go to the Web browser, enter the router’s IP address and log in to access the router’s management page.
- Click on the More Functions tab.
- Go to System Settings > Change Login Password.
- Enter the current password in the Current password field.
- Then type the new password in the New Password field and confirm it by reentering it in the Confirm Password field.
- Click on Save Button.
Change DD-WRT Router Password
- Use the DD-WRT router’s IP and login credentials to access the router’s control panel.
- Click on the Administration Tab.
- Under the Router Password Section, enter the Router Username and new Router password. Also, Confirm the new password by re-entering it in the respective field.
- Click on Apply Settings Button.
Apple reportedly considering touchscreen Mac laptop for 2025
Apple could release a MacBook Pro laptop with a touchscreen as soon as 2025, according to a report from Bloomberg.
Teams inside Apple are working on the project, and the first design would include a trackpad and keyboard as well as a touchscreen, according to the report.
The move, if it were to happen, would mark a significant reversal for Apple, which has said for years that touchscreen laptops are ergonomically inferior, even as competing Windows laptops now have touchscreens as a standard feature.
“We really feel that the ergonomics of using a Mac are that your hands are rested on a surface, and that lifting your arm up to poke a screen is a pretty fatiguing thing to do,” Apple’s head of software Craig Federighi said in 2018, adding that he’s “not into touchscreens” on PCs.
More recently, he was asked at a conference whether Apple would release a touchscreen laptop, and he said, “who’s to say?”
Apple’s Mac business doesn’t need a shot in the arm, though. Mac sales surged when Apple replaced Intel processors in most of its computers with its own silicon. The change improved battery life and reduced overheating. Apple’s Mac business generated $40.1 billion in revenue during the company’s fiscal 2022, up 14% from 2021.
A touchscreen Mac would require significant software changes to accept finger taps, which require larger buttons, instead of mouse clicks. Apple’s iPhone and iPads use an operating system designed for touchscreens, while macOS can currently only be controlled with a mouse and keyboard.
Amazon’s Twitch CEO steps down nearly 10 years after acquisition
Emmett Shear, the CEO of Amazon’s livestreaming service Twitch, is stepping down from his role effective immediately, the company announced Thursday.
Amazon acquired Twitch for almost $1 billion in 2014. The site is most known as a popular livestreaming platform for video gamers. After buying Twitch, Amazon was largely hands off with the business, though it has offered Prime subscribers perks on the livestreaming platform, such as free games and in-game loot.
Shear will be replaced by Twitch President Dan Clancy, who has been a “close partner” to Shear, he wrote in a blog post. Shear said he’s stepping away to spend more time with his newborn son. Shear will continue to work at Twitch in an advisory role.
“With the arrival of my son, the time has come for me to focus my energies on building that tiny little startup family, and I’m ready to dedicate my energies there,” Shear wrote. “Twitch will always remain part of my extended family, a community where I grew in so many ways alongside Twitch itself.”
Shear’s resignation adds to a recent exodus of leadership under CEO Andy Jassy. Earlier this month, Ring CEO Jamie Siminoff announced he was stepping down from his role at the home security subsidiary. Last year, executives overseeing Amazon’s Alexa and hardware research and development group, known as Lab126, exited the company. Last July, public policy chief Jay Carney announced he was leaving to join Airbnb, and 23-year Amazon veteran Dave Clark resigned as retail chief the same month.
How to Fix HP Black Ink Not Printing
If your HP printer is not printing in black color, there may be some issues with the black cartridge. However, HP printers have a special ink-backup mode that allows printing using only tricolor cartridges (C, M, Y) when the black cartridge encounters a problem.
In such cases, the black color can either disappear on the printout or appear as a grayish color instead of true black. Mostly, a low level of black ink is responsible for the issue. Sometimes, a mispositioned or clogged printhead can also prevent the printer from printing in black color.
Check the Level of Black Ink
If your HP printer is refusing to print in black color, you should first check the level of black ink on the cartridges. There are multiple ways you can check the ink levels on your HP printer.
If you have an HP Ink Tank series printer, you can inspect the ink levels from outside the printer only. Otherwise, you can use the HP assistant tool to check it.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Devices and Printers on the next window.
- Double-click the HP printer profile.
- Again double-click HP Printer Assistant.
- Go to Estimated Levels.
- Now click Estimated Cartridge Levels to see the level of black ink on your printer. Consider refilling the ink tank or changing the ink cartridges if the ink levels have gone too low.
You can also refer to this guide to learn about multiple ways to check ink levels in HP printers
Change Paper Settings
An incorrectly configured paper setting is another reason the printer refuses to print in black color. Not only black, but it can also sometimes cause problems printing in color. It is because the ink spraying mechanism of the printer varies depending on the paper type.
So, you should always set the paper size and paper type that exactly matches the papers in the input tray of the printer. Also, make sure you are using papers compatible with your printer.
- Hit Windows and R keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
control printersin the text area.
- Click the OK button.
- On the new Control Panel window, look after the HP printer name and right-click it.
- Select Printing preferences.
- Click the Paper/Quality tab.
- Choose the correct Paper Size and Paper Type from the respective drop-downs.
- Click OK.
Align the Printheads
The printheads of your printer should be correctly aligned so that it can properly spray the ink onto the paper and generate quality printouts. Even a slight change in the position of the printhead can prevent the colors from getting to the paper. Aligning the printheads also helps if you have started facing issues after installing the cartridge.
- Open HP Printer Assistant from Control Panel.
- Go to the Maintain Your Printer menu.
- Now click the Device Services tab and select Align Cartridges.
- Click Print alignment page > Next.
- You will get a printout of an alignment page like this.
- Insert the printout over the scanner assembly.
- Now click the Scan button.
- You will get an alignment successful popup after the printer completes the alignment process.
You can consult this comprehensive guide to learn more about aligning the printheads of HP printers.
Run the Printhead Cleaning Cycle
Running a printhead cleaning cycle will be helpful if the printhead of the black cartridge is blocked due to ink residues or any foreign bodies. We recommend you run about three cycles of printhead cleaning for better results.
- Open the Run application on your PC.https://9db0732cdace87f6755b80f95f544792.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-40/html/container.html
control printersand click OK.
- Double-click HP printer > HP Printer Assistant.
- Select Maintain Your Printer.
- Click the Device Services tab.
- Click Clean Cartridges.
- Your printer will eject a diagnostic report after completing the cleaning process.
You may also read our other article on how to clean the HP printheads and learn more about the manual process of cleaning them.
Running a manual clean cycle will help if you cannot sort out the issue after performing the automatic cleaning cycle.
Tech3 months ago
Differences between virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality
Tech3 months ago
Apple introduces iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus
Tech6 months ago
How To Create Free Business Logos Using Adobe Spark
Tech3 months ago
Everything You Need to Know About FBISD Skyward Family Access
Tech3 months ago
How Enterprise Software Teams Are Unlocking The Value Of No-Code Tools
Tech3 months ago
Apple to put USB-C connectors in iPhones to comply with EU rules
Tech3 months ago
3 Types of Technology Needed to Start and Run a Small Business
Tech2 months ago
Top 10 Benefits of Using WordPress For the Website Designing & Development