Monkey Fruit Description and uses
Artocarpus lacucha, also known as monkey fruit, or Monkey Jack fruit is a tropical evergreen tree species of the Moraceae family. The plant is distributed throughout the Indian Subcontinent and Southeast Asia and is available in some Asian countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. The tree is valued for its wood; its fruit is edible and is believed to have medicinal value. Some of the popular common names of the plants are Monkey jack, Monkey jack tree, Monkey fruit and Monkey jack fruit. The generic name comes from the Greek words ‘artos’ which means bread and ‘karpos’ means fruit while the species name is derived from the fruit’s common name in India. Fruits are highly nutritious and are an important food item in the human diet. This fruits consists of vitamins and most of the vitamins excellent source of antioxidant which are vitamin C and beta-carotene.
The plant is medium to large deciduous tree that grows about 10-15 m tall. The plant is found growing in lowland hill forests, open country, and sometimes villages, up to 300 m altitude. It occurs locally along Mandai Road, in Nee Soon Swamp Forest, and Pulau Ubin. It prefers a deep, well-drained soil and grows well in deep permeable soils with a good supply of moisture. The bark is grey and the slash is deep red with milky latex. Branchlets are 3-6 mm thick, densely covered with stiff pale brown to yellow velvety hairs. This tree is mentioned in the Arthashastra.
Leaves are large, alternate 25-30 cm long, 15-20 cm wide, sometimes pinnately lobed, base wedge-shaped, and tip blunt. Leaf margin is entire or with small teeth.
Flower & Fruit
Flowers are unisexual, male and female flowers in separate spherical heads but on the same tree. Male flowers are yellow-orange while the female are reddish. Flowers are followed by syncarp (the entire female inflorescence forms a fruit). They are nearly round or irregular, 2 to 5 inches wide. Fruits are green to a dull yellow, and finally settle on a pinkish brownish yellow tinge when fully ripe with sweet sour pulp which is occasionally eaten raw but mostly made into curries or chutney. The size differs but the diameter is typically 5-10 cm while fruit weights 200-350 g. The number of seeds/fruit varies accordingly, but typically there are 10-30 per fruit. Seeds are irregular and vary in size like the fruits. At maturity, most seeds are about one cm long, more or less flattened and pointed at the embryo end; the seed-coat is thin and white. Seeds contain sticky white latex.
The male flower spike is pickled. The fruit’s texture is like a jackfruit’s with its stringy, fibrous, mildly rubbery consistency. The lakucha fruit is highly nutritious with antioxidant properties of beta-carotene and vitamin C. This particular antioxidant helps in the maintenance of the normal human health, prevents heart diseases that are coronary in nature, and provides a tough fight against cancer as well.
This fruit has ultimately grabbed the attention of various scientists and Ayurvedic physicians who are looking out for various ways in which this magical fruit can be used. According to study, it has been seen that the proper consumption of the Monkey fruit results in the prevention of diseases like cancer, diabetes, neurodegenerative ailments and coronary heart diseases. It also possesses anti-inflammation, antibacterial, antioxidant and cytotoxic properties which are vehemently used as potential therapeutic attributes. It is an important ingredient in many Ayurvedic medicines.
The lakucha or the monkey jack fruit has a unique flavor which is not easily found in any other fruit. The taste is a mixture of sweet, tangy and sour. It is used to cure skin problems as well as it is a huge source of minerals, vitamins, polyphenols, and fibers, which provide a number of health benefits when consumed in the proper quantity.
Benefits of Consuming Monkey Fruit
The vivid consumption of the lakucha fruit acts refreshment for the liver and the seeds and latex of the fruit are used as a purgative. Bark and seed of the lakucha plant are also used for various liver and stomach diseases. It is used in the context of anti-inflammatory therapy and works really well as an anti-aging skin agent with an additional skin whitening effect.
The lakucha fruit also manages to decrease the problems of hair loss and helps in the regrowth of hair from the hair follicles and also make hair shafts stronger. It is a blessing in the treatment of skin diseases where it effectively eradicates the darkening of the skin and brings a natural glow to the skin. Lakucha also obviously treats dysentery, arthritic swelling and cleans wounds.
Having so many medicinal properties, lakucha or the monkey jack fruit proves to a fruit with high end nutritional as well as medicinal use. It should be consumed in proper quantities aiming to result in some successful treatment of diseases.
Traditional uses and benefits of consuming Monkey fruit
- Extract of the fruit reduces hair loss and stimulates the propagation of hair, skin diseases, herpes can make it fade away the darkening of the skin.
- It may also treat arthritic swelling, dysentery and clean wounds.
- Fruit pulp act as refresher of liver as well as seeds and milky latex can used as purgative.
- Tree bark consists of 8.5 percent tannin and is used to treat skin lesion.
- Powder formed bark is applied to cure any wound and also used to draw out purulent matter from any abscess.
- Seed and bark of the plant are useful for stomach and liver disease.
- Ripe fruit is sour sweet, tonic to liver.
- Seed are good purgative for children.
- Juice and seeds from this plant are used as purgative and the bark is used as astringent.
- Root is used as refresher and the leave are used in treating dropsy.
- Powered form heartwood extract has been using as an effective and economical skin-whitening agent.
- lakoocha plant is used in traditional Thai medicine for anti-inflammatory therapy and as well as an anti-skin aging agent.
- lakoocha extract was effective for the treatment of taeniasis.
- lakoocha is widely used as medicinal plant for the treatment of some specific diseases in India.
- Dried aqueous extract of A. lakoocha has been used for treatment of tape worms.
- Root of A. lakoocha is an astringent and is used as a purgative.
- Saturated extract is used as a poultice for skin ailments and bark is used to treat headache.
- Fruit can be used as food supplement to combat malnutrition and reduces the risk of several diseases.
- Sap and juice of the bark is applied externally to boils, pimples, cuts and wounds.
- Macerated bark is used as a poultice for treating skin ailments. The bark is used to treat headache.
- Fruits are generally sweet sour pulp eaten fresh but mostly made into curries.
- Unripe fruit and male flower spike of A. lakoocha are used to prepare curries, pickles and sauce.
- Different parts of this tree like fruits and male flowers are eaten raw, boiled, steamed or roasted.
- Broad, flat seeds are edible.
- Bark contains tannin and is chewed as a substitute for betel nut.
- Different uses of Monkey Fruit
- Food: The fruits and male flowers are eaten raw, boiled, steamed or roasted.
- Fodder: In Nepal it is highly valued as a fodder tree in the lower foothills of the Himalayas. The leaves contain about 16% crude protein and one tree produces between 60 and 200 kg fresh fodder in a year. It is fed to lactating animals and considered one of the most important milk producing forages.
- Fuel: Trees are an important source of firewood.
- Timber: Wood is hard and termite resistant with a weight of about 640 kg/m3. It is used in heavy construction, poles, beams, furniture boats, wood based materials and plywood.
- Latex or rubber: Sticky latex is present in all parts of the tree and has many uses.
- Tannin or dyestuff: Tree bark (containing 8-9% tannin) is chewed like betel nut. The wood and roots yield a lavish color dye.
- Lipids: The fat extracted from the seed is a light yellow liquid, viscous at room temperature.
- Medicine: Root is an astringent and is used as a purgative; when macerated it was used as a poultice for skin ailments. The bark is used to treat headache.
- Shade or shelter: A perennial tree crop that provides beneficial shade and cooler microclimate for humans, plants and animals beneath its canopy.
- Soil improver: The tree can be used to provide mulch.
- Ornamental: Occasionally grown as an ornamental plant.
- Intercropping: It is an important component of traditional agroforestry systems. The trees are integrated into mixed cropping systems with other crop
- Other Facts
- Tree is also used as food and timber.
- Timber and wood from this tree used to made furniture, boats and cabinets.
- It also used for heavy construction, poles, furniture and plywood for its hard and termite resistant capacities.
- One mature tree produces 60-200 kg fresh feedstuff in a year.
- Tree can be used for protection and occasionally it grown as an ornamental bonsai plant.
- Skin of the fruit when cut exudes white latex with similar texture of a jackfruit.
- Fiber obtained from the inner bark is used for cordage.
- Yellow coloring matter is obtained from the wood and roots. It is used for dyeing textiles.
- Wood is an important local source of fuel.
Daali Dhananjay: Biography, Wife, Height, Family, Age, Movies & Much More
Daali Dhananjay, a talented Sandalwood actor. Here, I am going to share with you the list of his movies, personal life, achievements and many more.
Scroll down to know morabout Daali Dhananjay!
Who is Daali Dhananjay?
Daali Dhananjay is a handsome and one of the stunning actors of the Sandalwood film industry. He is also called Dhana.
He predominantly works in Kannada movies. He was born on 23rd in the month of August and in the year 1986 and his zodiac sign is Virgo.
He is 33 years old as of 2019 i.e 34 running. He was born in Kalenahally, Arasikere, Hassan, Karnataka, India.
Daali Dhananjay is likes listening to music and watching TV. He also loves to go on trips during his leisure time.
anjay Before Getting Into the Industry
Daali Dhananjay was born in Kalenhalli, Arasikere, Hassan, Karnataka, India. His hometown is also the same.
He completed his schooling till 12th in St. Mary’s High School, Arsikere, Karnataka, India. Dalai Dhananjay is a graduate of Bachelor of Arts in Computer Programming from Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, Karnataka, India.
After his graduation, he worked in a software company Infosys in Mysuru, Karnataka, India. But, he was always interested to get into the field of acting. Therefore, he joined the Rangayana theatre group in Mysuru, Karnataka, India. That led him to grab an opportunity.
Later, he did a film named Director’s Special directed by Pankaj Sharma. It was his debut Sandalwood film as the main lead actor, which was released in 2013. Later, he came up with many movies. He is all-time hit films. He won the hearts of south Indians with his amazing acting.
Now, we know where he stands. He has already proved himself. He has built a platform for himself. He has gained a lot of recognition.
He is coming forward with more movies to showcase himself. He also has a good fan base across the south film industry!
|Favourite Color||Black, Blue and White|
|Favourite Film||Not known|
|Favourite Actress||Not known|
|Favourite Food||Domino’s Pizza|
|Favourite sports||Not known|
|Favourite Destination||Not known|
Daali Dhananjay Complete Movie List
Just scroll down to see the list of the films Daali Dhananjay has done!
He has done around only 12 films as of now as the main lead actor and supporting roles. But he achieved a good fan base only with movies which are to be noticed.
Here’s the list of his Kannada films as an actor!
- Director’s Special
- Jayanagar 4th Block (short film)
- Eradane Sala
- Happy New Year
- Bhairava Geetha
- Life Jothe Ondh Selfie
- Popcorn Monkey Tiger
Daali Dhananjay Achievements and Awards
Daali Dhananjay has done a few movies in which he is the main lead actor. He has won awards for his deserving acting. The awards best speak about his talent and acting. Let’s wait for more to join his bag!
For now, go check out what Daali Dhananjay has won!
South Indian International Movie Awards
- Director’s Special-Best Male Debutant
- Duniya Soori-best actor in a negative role
- He has won the SIIMA in the year 2013 and 2018 respectively for two different films.
Zee Kannada Hemmeya Kannadiga
- Duniya Soori-best supporting actor
- He received the award in 2018 for his brilliant acting.
Filmfare Awards South
- Allama-Best Actor-Kannada
- Duniya soori-Best supporting actor
- He won the Filmfare Award in 2017 and 2018 respectively.
- Duniya Soori-Best villain
- He won the Filmibeat Award in 2018 again for his amazing acting skills as a villain.
He won this award in the year 2017 for Allama.
Daali Dhananjay’s Upcoming Movies
Currently, Daali Dhananjay has six movies lined up for release.
- Tothapuri, directed by Vijay Prasad will be released in the year 2020.
- Yuvarathnaa, directed by Santosh Ananddram will release in the year 2020. However, the exact date is not yet known.
- Pogaru, directed by Nanda Kishore will come forward in 2020. However, the exact date is not yet known.
- Daali, directed by Prabhu Srinivas will soon come forward.
- Salaga, directed by Duniya Vijay will soon be released in 2020.
- Badva Rascal, directed by Shankar Guru will be released soon.
As of now, he has officially announced about six movie releases. Let’s wait for more updates from him about the release of movies.
Daali Dhananjay’s Most Viewed Videos
The song, Balma from the movie Tagaru got 10 million views on Youtube.
Click on the link below to watch:-
The HD Video song, Maadeva from Popcorn Monkey Tiger got 3.5 million views on YouTube.
Here’s the link, just give it a click to watch:-
Daali Dhananjay’s Personal life
Daali Dhananjay’s Family details are here below:-
|Father||Name not known|
|Mother||Name not known|
- Relationship Status: Unmarried
- Religion: Hindu
Income of Daali Dhananjay
- Salary: not known
- Net worth: $1 million-$5 million
Social Media Profiles
Daali Dhananjay has a large number of followers on his social media accounts which are growing day by day. He is active on his social media platforms and regularly connects with his fans. Go check out to see his social media accounts!
Daali Dhananjay is 103.2k strong and still growing on his official Twitter account. He updates his audience with his work.
Click on the link below to see his amazing pictures:-
Daali Dhananjay has got a great number of likes for his official Facebook page. He has got 158k likes for his official page. His posts entertain his fans.
Click on the link below:-
Daali Dhananjay has 519k followers on his official Instagram account.
Here’s the link:-
This is the complete Daali Dhananjay, I share with you if you have any interesting fact that I missed, comment below to add the more fact to Daali Dhananjay Biography…
Anupama Parameswaran Biography: Boyfriend Height,Family,Age, Movies
Parameswaran Biography, a Malayalam and Telugu gorgeous actress. Here, I am going to share with you the list of his movies, personal life, achievements and many more.
Scroll down to know about Anupama Parameswaran Biography!
Who is Anupama Parameswaran?
Anupama Parameswaran is a natural and beautiful Malayali Actress. She is also called with the nickname Anu and predominantly works in Malayalam and Telugu films.
Also, She has her legs in Tamil movies. And She was born on 18th in the month of February and in the year 1996 and her zodiac sign is Aquarius.
She just turned 24 years old recently and birth place in Irinjalakuda, Kerala, India. Anupama Parameswaran is fond of dancing. She likes to travel during her free time.
|Date of birth||18-02-1996|
|Height||5 feet 2 inches-in feet inches|
158cm- in centimetres
1.58m- in meters
|Weight||55kg- in kilograms 120bs-in pounds|
|Birth Place||Irinjalakuda, Kerala, India|
|Don Bosco Higher Secondary school, Irinjalakuda, Kerala|
|College||CMS College Kottayam, Kerala|
|Education Qualification||Bachelor of Arts(B.A) in communicative English|
|Hobbies||dancing and travelling|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Anupama Parameswaran Before Getting into the Industry
Anupama Parameswaran was born in Irinjalakuda, Kerala, India. She stays in Kerala as of now.
She completed her schooling till 12th class in Don Bosco Higher Secondary school. Anupama Parameswaran is a graduate of Bachelor of Arts in Communicative English from CMR College, Kottayam, India.
She discontinued college to attend the given schedule of shootings. Her parents gave her full support to pursue her own interest.
However, she debuted with the movie Premam in Malayalam beside Nivin Pauly directed by Alphonse Puthren in 2015. Eventually, she started working in Telugu films as well. She debuted with a role of Antagonist in A Aa.
also, She predominantly works in Malayalam and Telugu films. She has done a Tamil film (Kodi) too in 2016. She has her work balanced in Telugu and Malayalam industries as well.
|Favourite Color||White, Yellow and Black|
|Favourite Actor||Vikram and Suriya|
|Favourite Actress||Samantha and Anushka Shetty|
|Favourite Food||Appam, Sambar Idly and Chocolates|
|Favourite Music Director||Ilayaraja|
Anupama Parameswaran’s Complete Movie List
Just scroll down to see the list of the films Anupama Parameswaran has done!
She has done around 13 films. She has proved that she is capable of taking up any role. Here, you can find Telugu, Malayalam and Tamil movies she has done.
- James & Alice
- A aa
- Sathamanam Bhavati
- Jomonte Suvisheshangal
- Vunnadhi Okate Zindagi
- Krishnarjuna Yudham
- Tej I Love You
- Hello Guru Prema Kosame
Anupama Parameswaran Achievements and Awards
Zee Cinemalu Awards
A Aa- Girl next door
Premam- Best Supporting Actress
She has been nominated several times but she won only two awards as of now. There’s a very long way to go for this young stunning actress.
Anupama Parameswaran’s Upcoming Movies
Currently, Anupama Parameswaran has only three movies lined up for release.
- Maniyarayile Ashokan, directed by Shamsu Saiba, will be released this year on 3rd of December,2020. It is a Malayalam movie.
- Thalli Pogaythey, releasing in the month of March, 2021. The movie is directed by R KannanIt is a Tamil film.
- Yevado Okadu, directed by Venu Sriram will release on 15th of September, 2021.
As of now, only three movie’s release is announced officially.
Anupama Parameswaran’s Personal life
Anupama Parameswaran’s Family details are here below:-
Anupama Parameswaran was born to Parameswaran and Sunitha. Anupama’s father is an NRI working in Dubai while her mother is a homemaker.
- Relationship Status: Unmarried
- Religion: Hindu
Income of Anupama Parameswaran
- Salary: 40-60 lakhs per film
- Net worth: $2 million
Social Media Profiles
Anupama Parameswaran has a great number of followers on her social media accounts and she is increasing her followers in a slow pace day by day. She wins the hearts of her followers with her gorgeous and breathtaking pictures.
This is the complete Anupama Parameswaran Biography, I share with you. If you have any interesting fact that I missed, comment below to add the more fact to Anupama Parameswaran Biography!
Nisha Guragain Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nisha Guragain
- Nisha Guragain was born and brought up in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Nisha Guragain remains very active on various social media platforms. She has more than 1.3 million followers on her Instagram account.
- She has also appeared in a few Hindi music videos, like Rang Lagaya Tune, Romance Karoon, etc.
Tech5 months ago
Apple introduces iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus
Tech5 months ago
Differences between virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality
Tech8 months ago
How To Create Free Business Logos Using Adobe Spark
Tech5 months ago
Everything You Need to Know About FBISD Skyward Family Access
Tech5 months ago
How Enterprise Software Teams Are Unlocking The Value Of No-Code Tools
Tech5 months ago
Apple to put USB-C connectors in iPhones to comply with EU rules
NEWS5 months ago
For Star Wars Day, Disney+ releases a new ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ trailer
Tech5 months ago
3 Types of Technology Needed to Start and Run a Small Business