Sharing your passion with others is part of being a human. And if that passion is on your PC, like gaming, you’d better learn how to record your computer’s screen. So, we’re presenting the best ways to record your gameplay.
The task has become increasingly easy over the years. You’ll do fine with most modern games if you have a PC capable of playing at least 60fps with medium to high graphics.
Alternatively, you could be a retro gamer or an indie gamer. Titles like Rimworld or Band of Brothers also deserve love and praise. Not everything is about the graphics.
Be that as it may, recording your gameplay is a matter of choosing the hardware you like. Most are free, and you may already have one on your Windows PC.
How to Record Gameplay on Your PC?
You may be the type of gamer that relies on a PC for entertainment needs. And there’re many pluses to owning a PC. Some of these benefits include the ability to work on your PC or upgrade it with new parts. One of the best pluses is being able to record and share the screen easily.
The way to record your PC is by picking recording software. If you’re on a Windows PC, you already have the built-in Xbox Game bar, which is surprisingly good. Other recording software will deliver extra services. For example, some offer the ability to stream and design the screen.
Here’s the gist, though:
- Recording software comes with standard recording options. The most common ones are the ability to record at 30fps or 60fps.
- Recording software will record the screen at its native resolution. You may also get the option to record at a lower resolution to save some bandwidth.
- Playing, recording, and streaming simultaneously takes a tool on your PC’s hardware and bandwidth. Recording while playing also takes a tool, but it’s easier to handle, particularly for mid and low-end PCs.
- You’ll need a webcam or a camera if you want to record yourself as you play.
Best Ways to Record Your Gameplay
Now that we know the basics let’s run down our options. We’re going from the most intuitive options to the most complex software.
In that sense, we’re going from beginner level to expert. However, we’re not saying the beginner software is terrible, but it may not be what you’re looking for -ultimately, it depends on what you plan to do (streaming or just recording).
Overall, finding the best ways to record your gameplay is all about using the software that fits your necessities. Moreover, some of these options are available for macOS.
Beginner level: Xbox Game Bar
The Xbox Game Bar is the built-in tool on Microsoft operative systems. It’s available by default on Windows 10 and 11.
It’s easy to use, doesn’t take a tool from your PC, and can record games, your browser, and any app on your computer. Moreover, the interface is intuitive, and the quality will remain 1080p/60fps or, at least, 720p/30fps (depending on your PC’s firepower).
It can’t record the desktop or Windows menus, but it can record the webcam. It also can’t use your webcam, and it can’t scream. Other functions include taking screenshots and giving you the Friends menu from the Xbox app.
All in all, it’s the best recording software for beginners. But if you’re looking to stream, this is not your option. In other words, Xbox Game Bar is great if you want to record and edit your capture.
So, let me tell you how to enable it and how to use it.
Step 1: Enable Xbox Game Bar
Let’s start by enabling the app.
On Windows 10
- Click the Windows button on the keyboard.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Gaming.
- Go to Xbox Game Bar.
- Toggle the switch to ON if you see it OFF.
If the app doesn’t work, check its permissions like so:
- Press the Windows key plus “X” on your keyboard.
- On the cascade menu, click “Apps and features.”
- Search for “Xbox Game Bar.”
- Select Advanced Options.
- If you see its permissions on Off, toggle them On.
- Click the Windows button.
- Click the Settings gear.
- Go to Gaming on the left.
- Select Xbox Game Bar on the right.
- If you see the app Off, turn it On.
- Go back to Settings.
- Select Apps on the left.
- Select Installed apps on the right.
- Find Xbox Game Bar on the list.
- Click the three dots and select Advanced Options.
- Go to Background apps permissions.
- Give it permission by selecting “Always” or “Power optimized.” Additionally, enable the mic and the camera.
Using the app is relatively easy. Just press the Windows key plus G at any moment, and then press the record button.
Here are the main options you’ll find on the Xbox Game bar (left to right):
There’re a couple of functions you need to understand, though. First, to be able to record outside of your games, you need to do this:
- Click the Gear icon at the top.
- Go to Capture.
- Check on All.
- If you play on your PC with an Xbox controller, you can enable an option on the Shortcuts menu to open the software with the Xbox button on the controller.
- Click on “Gaming features” and select Speech-to-text and Text-to-speech as you see fit. It is only useful if you play through the Xbox app.
- Lastly, your captures will go to your Videos folder by default on the “Captures” sub-folder. If you can’t find your captures, click on “See my captures” at the left.
Funnily enough, I had to use another recording software to record Xbox Game Bar and share it on the tutorial. And that’s the software I’m discussing next.
Intermediate Level: AMD Adrenalin or NVIDIA GeForce Experience
The GPU’s proprietary software is a stellar option to record screens and is available on Windows and macOS computers. I regularly use AMD’s screen recording software, which I can use because I have an AMD card. I also regularly use the Xbox Game Bar screen recording software. I like both of these, and they deliver the same quality.
Both NVIDIA and AMD allow you to record, as well as record and stream at the same time. The streaming usage is limited but good enough for YouTube. Both programs allow you to customize the position of your webcam recording and the chat. Both programs connect directly to streaming sites, such as YouTube and Twitch.
Lastly, these programs offer extra options like noise suppression or AI systems that make your webcam follow your eyes. The different options depend on the card you have.
Here’s the stepwise breakdown of the process.
Step 1: Download the Proprietary Software
NVIDIA and AMD offer options to control your GPU, record the screen, and update the drivers. Still, both programs work similarly. I find AMD Adrenalin has a more intuitive interface, but it suffers from weird bugs and interactions with Windows.
Either way, here’re the links to install the proprietary software.
- AMD Adrenalin for AMD graphic cards.
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience for Nvidia graphic cards.
Just download and install this software on Windows or macOS.
Step 2: Record the Screen with Your GPU’s Software
Now, it’s time to record your screen. I’m guiding you with the software I use, AMD adrenalin. However, you’d find very similar options if you use NVIDIA GeForce.
- Open AMD Adrenalin.
- Go to Record & Stream.
- Select to record the active window, the entire screen, or a region.
- If you want to stream, go to Live Steam.
- Link your account.
- To design your screen go to the Scene Editor to customize the position of the camera and the chat.
- Then, on either the Record or Live stream tabs, you’ll find the basic options (like enabling or disabling the camera).
- Lastly, check the streaming/recording settings for extra options. These options will revolve around audio and video quality.
Depending on your GPU, you may find extra options on their proprietary software. RTX NVIDIA cards are full of options to find, even a feature that makes the camera follow your eyes.
Still, both programs feature some noise suppression. For example, on AMD’s software, you can find a noise impression option on the Audio sub-menu.
We don’t recommend using noise suppression options while you record -only for streaming.
Advanced Level: Streamlabs
If you’re looking to stream more professionally, you should try Streamlabs. It’s a free option with an intuitive interface, allowing you to record, stream, and design your screen.
And although it’s a more advanced option, it’s easy to understand. You’d need to check its menus for a while to get used to its functionalities, but it will deliver more options than GPU software. However, the quality will be the same as recording with GPU software or the Xbox Game Bar.
- Open your web browser.
- Download the software from the official page.
- Install the program.
- Run Streamlabs as administrator.
- Once you open Streamlabs, select Start Fresh.
- Next, select your camera and your mic.
- Now you’re on the main menu.
- To start recording, press the “+” button next to “Sources.“
- Go to General Sources.
- Select what you want to record (browser source, display capture, audio input capture, game capture, and window capture should be your main options).
- If you want to design scenes, go to Scenes and add a scene.
- Then, click the plus button on Sources to start adding elements to your scene. You can move and re-size anything you add to the scene.
- Play around with the sources to reposition your webcam, elements, and display record.
- To configure the volume of the audio sources (desktop/games and mic), click the Gear icon near the audio mixer.
- We recommend lowering your desktop audio if you’re talking above your game.
- Tweak the quality of the streams by adjusting scenes, the video, output, audio, upload speed, and more.
- Then, to connect Streamlabs to a Streaming service, you can link an account on the Stream tab (settings).
- Finally, click the Record or Go Live button at the bottom right to record or stream.
Various programs work similarly to Streamlabs, and you may try them out if Stramlabs doesn’t work for you.
- OBS (Open Broadcaster Software): It’s Streamlabs’ main competitor, and it works very similarly. So, it can record, stream, and design your screen. The only thing you need to do is select the source.
- Gamecaster: It can record gameplay and stream but has fewer options than Streamlabs or OBS. However, it allows picture-in-picture, video annotations, social media integration, and watermarks. Additionally, it has a built-in editor, but we’d instead use a full-on video editor like Premiere for better content.
- Movavi Screen Recorder: This one is not free, but it allows you to select between various video types (like AVI or MP4) to record the video. Additionally, it will enable you to sync your mic and webcam with the screen recording.
- Bandicam: It is a well-known screen recording software. Its benefit is the quality of its videos, as it can record at high bitrates, resolution, and frame rates without taking a toll on your computer.
Our list of products is not as extensive, but we intend to give you everything you need.
Overall, we gave you three main options:
- Xbox Game Bar: Useful for general screen recording or videos you want to edit later. It allows you to record your mic and camera, but you can’t reposition it. Their quality is excellent, the CPU/GPU usage is shallow, and the interface is easy to use.
- AMD Adrenalin/NVIDIA GeForce: Useful for more advanced screen recording and streaming. Notably, you’ll be able to reposition and re-size your webcam’s video.
- Streamlabs/OBS: Useful for professional-level streaming gives tons of options to customize your screen and the streaming quality.
How to Grab in Rocket League Knockout
Rocket League can be as casual or hardcore as you’d want, depending on how you approach it. If you’re looking for the simple side of the game, you should learn how to grab in Rocket League Knockout.
One of the ways to play online is by joining the ladder in the ranked mode. There’re other game modes, though, and the Knockout Bash is perhaps the most unique of the bunch.
The Knockout Bash is a Rocket League game mode that stands out because it has no goals. On top of that, it has a dynamic game area. It can be challenging to play, so we’ll explain how to play it and how to “grab” enemy cars to win.
What Is Rocket League Knockout Bash?
Rocket League’s Knockout is a limited-time event that originally premiered between April and May 2022. Initially, Knockout allowed players to compete for spring-themed apparel and rewards.
Knockout includes various in-game challenges, but the main one is the Knockout Bash. The Knockout Bash was a success, so the developers relaunched it in July.
Currently, it’s not part of the base game, but we’ve seen the term Knockouton Rocket League’s latest patch fixes. Most probably, and because of its success, it will become a permanent game mode.
Either way, let me explain how it works. Knockout Bash is a game mode with no balls and no goalposts. It’s essentially an arcade brawler. Possibly, the developers will add it as part of the core game.
The game mode includes three new fundamental mechanics: attack, block, and grab. The “trinity” allows players to eliminate others by kicking them out of the safe zone. The arenas may include obstacles like spikes and other dynamic challenges.
The developers have tweaked various Knockout Bash mechanics since it came out. We’ve seen some changes in the patches, like on the latest October 2022 changes.
How to Grab in Rocket League Knockout?
As you may know, Rocket League is an arena soccer competitive game. You control the vehicle on a large soccer field. A rocket powers the car, which allows you to dash, flip, jump, and perform many stunts to push the ball between the enemy’s goalposts.
You also get extra speed by diving over particular areas on the field. Suppose you hit the ball if extra speed; the ball can go further. Or if you ram another player at full speed, you can damage the enemy car until it respawns.
The grabbing mechanic allows you to catch enemy cars and throw them away to ruin their position. You can also use it to take them out of the arena’s safe zones. Other new systems on the Knockout include stun, attacks, and blocks. We’ll review these new features and explain how to grab enemies in the newer game mode.
In summary, the Knockout Bash introduces:
|New Features||Attack, block, and grab.|
|Game Rules||Team size, lives, safe zones, and hazards.|
|Secondary Mechanics||Stun, enemy lock-on, triple jumps, multi-dodge, jumps and boosts.|
|New Arenas||Calavera, Carbon, and Quadron|
On top of these mechanics, you must consider every kind of dodge the game includes. Dodging can be as casual or advanced as you practice.
How to Grab in Knockout Bash Game Mode?
It sounds complex, but let me break it down. First, the default grab button is:
- PlayStation controllers: L2
- Xbox controllers: LT
- Keyboards: left Shift button
- Nintendo Switch controllers: LT
Now that you know that, here’re the steps:
- Drive towards an enemy.
- Brake just before you hit the enemy. This is an optional step, but it will give you that extra level of control you need for a grab attack.
- Press and hold the grab button. At the same time, press the jump button toward the enemy.
These actions will result in jumping over your opponent and grabbing the enemy car on the way. Then, press the jump button to release (launch) the enemy car again.
In summary, you dodge into an opponent and press and hold the grab button to grab the enemy car. To release the opponent, press the dodge button again.
How to Attack in Knockout Bash Game Mode?
The classic dodge mechanic works differently in the Knockout Bash game mode. In essence, if you dodge opponents, you can attack them. It will send enemy cars flying.
To dodge enemy attacks, press the jump button and direct the dodge with the analog stick. It’s an intuitive system, as any other game with skill-based combat features a similar dodge mechanic. You use the analog stick and the dodge button to avoid enemy attacks and grabs.
How to Block in Knockout Bash Game Mode?
Lastly, blocking reflects attacks on the opponent, which includes a grab.
Blocking is a time-based mechanic. It would help if you did it within a limited window, making the block a success. If it fails, you will receive the attack entirely.
You must dodge backward against an incoming attack to block an enemy attack. Remember, you can press the jump button to doge, but you’d have to guide the car backward with the analog stick.
What are the Best Mechanics for Secondary Rocket League Knockout Bash?
Lastly, let’s study all of the other mechanics of the Knockout Bash mode:
- Stuns: You can stun other players with an attack or a grab. You can also stun other players by blocking attacks. A stunning car can’t move, but the game will prompt a “Break Stun” button.
- Enemy Lock-on: You can lock the camera on opposing cars. , and cycle through targets.
- Triple Jump: Knockout allows players to jump from the ground and then jump twice in the air.
- Multi-dodge: Players can dodge four times in the air without needing a flip reset.
- Jump: The Knockout mode allows players to jump much higher and with more force.
- Boost: The boost is stronger on the Knockout mode as well. Alongside dodges and jumps, players can return to the platform after a grab throw.
- Team: There’re no teams in the mode. There’re eight players, each one competing for themselves.
- Live: Players have three lives per match. After the third death, it’s game over.
- Safezone: When a player gets out of the Safezone, they have 10 seconds to return. Otherwise, it will be game over. Additionally, the Safezone shrinks as the match progresses.
- Hazard: Lastly, the game mode arenas include environmental hazards like laser grinds and spikers. These represent immediate K.O.
How to Get Someone’s IP Address on PS4?
You can quickly find and change your IP, but you can’t find other’s IPs via the PS4’s interface. So, how to get someone’s IP address on PS4?
The question doesn’t mean you can do it through the console’s options or interface. That would mean Sony is offering you the means of spying on someone else or seeing information others would rather keep private.
However, you can use free third-party tools for the operation. These tools are legal and easy to use, so you’ll be able to get your answers faster than you’d think.
How to Get Someone’s IP Address on PS4?
The PS4 naturally keeps IP addresses hidden, which is why you need extra tools. Here’re some of the easiest ways to get someone’s IP address on PS4.
Using PSN ID
We’re sharing the easiest method we’ve found so that you can do it as a beginner. The easy mode has two steps:
- Find someone else’s PSN ID.
- Use the PSN ID on an IP Resolver.
But if you can’t find the PSN ID (perhaps it’s hidden), you need one of the most complex tools, and it works like so:
- Find their IP address with a tricky tool.
- Run their IP address on an IP lookup service (to find out the essential information for their physical direction).
As I said, this is not illegal. IP addresses are public information. If you treat it as that (information) and don’t take it any further, it’s okay.
Step 1: Find Someone Else’s PSN ID
You can find the PSN ID on the Friends menu, a Party Chat group, or a leaderboard chat on a multiplayer game (if you’re playing together).
In particular, you can go to “Players Met” on the Friends menu to find the person in question. If you recently played something with a suspicious someone, that is where you can find him.
Once you find the PSN ID, please write it down.
Step 2: Use an IP Resolver
The next step requires you to go to your computer. Now, we’re using an “IP resolver.”
Here’re the steps:
- On your PC, open a web browser.
- Click this link to access a reliable PSN Resolver.
- Make sure you’re on the “PlayStation Resolver” tab.
- Type the PSN ID you found below “PlayStation Username to IP Address.” Then, click on Resolve.
- Check below for the information.
Another option to pull IPs on PlayStation 4 is using network monitor software. We recommend Wireshark, as you can download it for free to your Windows PC.
Wireshark will monitor your network and incoming networks, allowing you to find the IPs of people playing with you. The method requires you to connect the PS4 to the PC and share your Windows PC connection. Then, you have to play with the person to spy on the IP.
The process only works if you play a co-op game -no one else in the lobby. Finding the information you need will become nearly impossible if it’s a multiplayer game.
Step 1: Set Up a Shared Connection Between PC and PS4
Here’s how it should work: the PC should have an internet connection (Wi-Fi or LAN), and the PS4 should be connected to the PC via Ethernet. It means both devices should be close-by.
These are the steps:
- Turn off the console by pressing its power button for about 4 seconds.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to your console.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your PC.
- If your PC has a second Ethernet port, connect the PC to the router. Otherwise, connect to the internet via Wi-Fi.
- Click the Windows key and type “Control Panel” on the search bar.
- Open Control Panel.
- Select “Network and Sharing Center” on the Control panel.
- On the left side of the menu, click on “Change Adaptor Settings.”
- Right-click your Wi-Fi or Lan network.
- Select Properties on the cascade menu.
- Click on the “Sharing” tab.
- Enable the first option below “Internet Connection Sharing.”
- Confirm the selection.
Now, you can turn on your PS4 and test the connection. That said, the process is there same on Windows 10 and 11.
Step 2: Discover the User’s IP Address
The next part is using the tool itself, which can be difficult. Moreover, ensure that you’re playing a co-op game with the person you want to check (on the PS4).
- Download Wireshark and install it on your Windows PC.
- Start playing on the PS4.
- Open the app.
- Select “Ethernet” from the list (to monitor your PS4), and then click on Start.
- Click on the Capture menu at the top.
- Select “Capture Filters.”
- Click”IPv4” only and confirm.
- Now, on the top bar, type “UDP” and confirm.
- Find the target IP.
The trick is identifying a pattern, a number that keeps repeating as you play with the person. Once you see the pattern, you can verify the address on the Destination bar.
Once you find the number, type it down. We’ll need to use an IP lookup service.
Step 3: Use an IP Lookup Service
Lastly, after you find the IP address, you can check the IP details on an IP lookout web page. For example:
- Go to your PC.
- Open your web browser.
- Go to an IP lookup service.
- Copy-paste or type the suspicious IP on the search bar.
- Click on “Get Details.”
The details button will yield country, state/department, city, and zip code.
How to Fix High Ping in League of Legends
Playing with high ping in League of Legends is as tilting as Teemo’s shrooms, and akin to playing with a constant Nocturne ult on you. Put simply, you’re setting yourself up for failure before you’ve even entered the Rift.
High ping was something that plagued me (and my hard-earned LP) for months on end. I was spending most of my time in-game staring at a grayed-out screen and the garish “Reconnecting…” pop up.
But rest assured that high ping won’t plague you; we’re here with an in-depth guide that covers all the effective fixes. Whether your high ping is caused by a connection issue or firewall issue, you’re sure to find a solution here, and will be back to playing League lag-free in no time.
Restart Your Modem and Router
In many cases, restarting your modem and router will fix your high ping. If you don’t restart your modem and router on a regular basis, it can keep them from running smoothly and bring about a whole host of connectivity issues, including a slow and sluggish connection.
Close Bandwidth-Consuming Applications
Having lots of bandwidth-consuming applications running in the background will drastically slow down your connection speed. Before you play League of Legends, make sure you’ve closed these applications.
To determine which programs are using up all your bandwidth, you will need to access the Task Manager, which you can do by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously.
Once the Task Manager pops up, click on the “Network” column header. This will organize active applications by network usage, allowing you to easily see which ones are using up the most bandwidth.
An Ethernet cable is a must-have for gamers, especially those suffering from high ping. It improves the latency between your device and router, and it also makes the connection more stable. This is because unlike wireless connection, your data is transmitted directly via a cable; it isn’t vulnerable to interference from the environment or other electronics.
If you don’t currently own an Ethernet cable, make sure to check out our guide on the 10 best Ethernet cables to buy.
Out-of-date drivers can drastically slow down your computer’s performance, which will no doubt affect your ping in games. Don’t forget to keep your drivers updated.
Go to Start and look for Device Manager. Update the driver that is causing you problems.
Although a firewall protects your system from malware and hackers, it can slow down your internet connection and cause high ping (among other connectivity issues), especially if your settings are improperly configured.
To test if your firewall is the culprit behind your high ping, temporarily disable it, then go into a game and check if your ping has improved. If it has, don’t worry – you won’t need to disable your firewall every time you want to play. You can configure its settings to allow League of Legends through.
How to allow an app through the Windows 10 firewall
Use Quality of Service (QoS) Functionality
This is the likely fix for those who live in a multi-person household. QoS is a feature that allows you to set which devices (or programs) your router should prioritize first. In other words, you tell it who and which tasks are most important, and they are then given the most bandwidth and get the best ping.
- First find your router’s IP address – go to Command Prompt and type “ipconfig.” Look for the “Default Gateway” IP address.
- Type this address into your web browser. It will bring you to your router’s login page.
- Once you’ve logged in, find the QoS setting. Then, set your PC as the priority, or set League of Legends as a priority in the applications section.
Keep in mind that not every router has this feature; if your router does not have it, you’ll need to buy one which does.
Due to the nature of QoS, make sure to ask permission from everyone in your household before setting it up.
Check You’re on Right Server
You should always play on the server that’s closest to you. The greater distance you are from the servers, the worse your ping will be; your connection will have to travel further to send and retrieve data.
Hextech Repair Tool
Riot has created its own tool to help players identify and resolve issues that are affecting game performance. It’s compatible with both Windows and Mac.
Invest in a New ISP
If all else fails, you might need to invest in a new ISP and/or package. For optimal performance, you need to look for an ISP package that provides a high upload speed (ideally 5 Mbps to 10 Mbps), and a download speed of at least 25 Mbps. If you have fiber optic available in your area, go for this type of connection – it’s faster and more reliable than standard broadband.
Not sure what your current internet speed is? Do this quick speed test to find out.
Tech3 weeks ago
Apple introduces iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus
Tech4 months ago
How To Create Free Business Logos Using Adobe Spark
Tech3 weeks ago
How Enterprise Software Teams Are Unlocking The Value Of No-Code Tools
Tech3 weeks ago
Apple to put USB-C connectors in iPhones to comply with EU rules
Tech3 weeks ago
3 Types of Technology Needed to Start and Run a Small Business
Tech3 weeks ago
Samsung could be working on a 600 megapixel sensor
Tech3 weeks ago
Huawei prepares a 135W fast charging system
Tech3 weeks ago
Best Tech Websites List for Latest Technological News, Reviews & More!